Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you need to visit. The town is third largest within France. It is the capital of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historic and cultural heritage. A number of its buildings and galleries have been listed in world history site list of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit and explore within Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This church is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was constructed during 12th and the Thirteenth century. The oldest parts of the actual church have finally been closed for prayers and are stored for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were constructed during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theatre in France and was started in 11th century AD. There's a great regard and value for this amongst the local inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that's made in the actual English type of architecture. The park was built during the 19th century and it is one of the biggest and many beautiful city parks of France. It is a great place for family outings and other outdoor recreation. The main popular features of the park include a large greenhouse, botanical garden and a rose garden. Recently African Flatlands have also been added where the animals can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house had been started in 1826 and was later reopened in 1993. The area has located many opera performances and dance shows. The glass ceiling from the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Grand Lyon: This is another fascinating attraction. The aquarium tank is located around the outskirts of the city and has a bit of entertainment for almost everybody. There are a number of types of fish and other aquatic life species have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows will also be organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal place for the dance lovers. This theater has been dedicated to dancing where you can discover various type of dance. There's a museum also is situated in the actual vicinity of the identical building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest shopping mall in France. The mall has the presence of almost all the major brands in the world. But avoid this place on Sundays as it can get crowded.
Lyon is one of the best places in France to see and explore sortir à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to achieve Paris and you can take possibly TGV train or even bus to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital of France, which is the third largest town and second biggest metropolitan region in France. This city is famous for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This particular city began by the Roman empire and a heritage city as recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city can be found between Paris and Marseille as well as 470 km from Paris. You can reach there from Geneva that is just 170 km aside. It is situated in East of France between 2 rivers named as Rhone as well as Saone. The people living there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and weather conditions are nice to go to in the month of Sept and Oct.